Study from home and kick start your career in early childhood education & care with PORSE!
New Zealand Certificate in Early Childhood Education & Care (Level 4)
What is the New Zealand Certificate in Early Childhood Education & Care (Level 4)?
The New Zealand Certificate in Early Childhood Education & Care (Level 4) is a new qualification focused on practice-based education that equips learners with the skills that they need to become an Educator in an early childhood education service.
This course is a pathway qualification to higher level study for those wanting to become qualified teachers.
Made up of eight learning modules, the Level 4 certificate allows learners to adopt a project-based learning approach to their studies.
This is an online learning course, allowing learners the ability to study independently at their own pace, in an environment that suits them.
Enjoy the flexibility of 20 weeks of self-paced learning alongside a child in your care and benefit from the ability to be paid while placed in an Evolve Centre for your practicum (for those not currently employed in the ECE sector) while you learn!
What You Will Learn
Learners who successfully complete the New Zealand Certificate in Early Childhood Education & Care (Level 4) offered by PORSE will be able to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding of:
· Theories of children’s learning and development, including neuroscience, attachment relationships and transitions.
· Multiculturalism, family diversity and the bicultural nature of the early childhood curriculum, Te Whāriki.
· Planning, providing and reviewing rich learning experiences.
· Providing an environment that strengthens the health, well-being, care and safety of children.
· Effective communication and engaging in respectful, reciprocal and responsive relationships.
· Personal health, wellbeing and professional development.
· Legislation and regulatory requirements.
· Diverse philosophical and cultural contexts and approaches informing early childhood education in Aotearoa New Zealand, including a personal philosophy of practice.
Secure your future by completing the New Zealand Certificate in Early Childhood Education & Care (Level 4), and you will be able to:
- begin or continue a career as a home-based Early Childhood Educator
- be employed as an Early Childhood Educator
- pursue further study in the Early Childhood Education sector, such as a Diploma of Teaching.
Call 0800 023 456 or click here to download the Level 4 brochure.
Check out what our previous Level 3 students have said about studying with PORSE